CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2010/02/01

Day 210 - Snowboarding, Big Bang Concert, Valentine's Preparations

Jan 25--

Doyup took Monday off from work since it was his birthday weekend. He really wanted to go snowboarding so we made preparations to go dawn skiing. If you go early in the morning, you can get a big discount and there's not a lot of people around for early morning skiing, so it's not very crowded. We woke up at 3:25am so we could get there for the 6:00am start time.

We rolled into Muju Resort about half an hour before 6am, perfect because I needed to rent equipment. In Korea, you can even rent snowpants and jackets. All together--board, boots, and clothes--I only paid about $10 for everything.

BUT, when we got there, all the lights were out. Everywhere. We drove around in the pitch black wondering where all the people were. DY finally called the resort and it turns out dawn skiing doesn't start until 8:30.

FAILLLLL!!!

We found a restaurant that was open and had a very slow breakfast to pass the time. It was a lot of fun though and here's a butt load of pictures!




Jan 29 -- BIG BANG!!!
I went to the Big Show. HEEECKKKK YESS! I have no pictures because I was too excited and too close to the security guards to break out my camera. But I was inches away from Daesung and Seungri so THAT WAS AWESOME! I was filmed by the crew so if I end up on the concert DVD I'm totally buying a copy so I can show everybody how ridiculous I am. But I loved it. It was great. I loooove Big Bangggg!
These days I'm busy preparing for my 3 weeks in Daegu studying Korean at their intensive 3-week language program. I move there on Sunday, so I want to get my hair cut/styled/dyed, study a lot for the entrance exam, and finish my Valentine's Day presents for Doyup. Here in Korea, Valentine's Day is only for boys. The girlfriends give gifts (read: hand-made chocolates) to the boyfriends on Valentine's Day, and the boyfriends give gifts to the girlfriends a month later (March 14) on White Day.
I've been working pretty hard making a scrapbook of all the important dates in the relationship so far--first time we met, first time we talked, stuff like that--because he really likes handmade ridiculously cute things like that. I am also obligated to make chocolates for him because they are the standard Valentine's Day gift in Korea, even though he doesn't like chocolates. I also need to think of a cute date so if you have ideas, let me know!