CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2010/02/27

Day 225 -- Last Day at Daegu University

We took our final exam today for Korean class. It wasn't difficult at all, but since I didn't study a lot of the very technical vocabulary, I only came up with a B+. I'm okay with that. I took the course mostly for myself and my own benefit, not for the grade, and I feel like I'm coming away with more than I came in. Winner!

I went out with some of the F*brighters tonight and our new Japanese friend Kaeskae (idk how to spell that) , but we all came back early. The dorms have a midnight curfew (I am pushing 23 and I have a midnight curfew wooooow) so we had to hustle to beat the doors.

Tomorrow Keely and I will catch an early train back to Daejeon, where I'll transfer to a bus back to Nonsan, where I have a date with Doyup to celebrate my last weekend before classes start back up again on Tuesday. boo :[

Doyup and I are constantly learning new things about American/Korean culture. For one, he was surprised when I told him that my style of dating, at least, is pretty low-key. My favorite kind of date is renting a movie and/or having an indoor picnic while in sweats and a T-shirt, rather than the more eleborate flower bouquets and high-heels and complementary couple outfits that I guess a lot of Korean girls really like.


So one night we decided to make dinner together. We switched on the TV, found something fun, then went grocery shopping together to find things for Korean-style grilled beef. It was so laid back and comfortable. I love having date-dates with flowers and whatever, don't get me wrong, but I much rather keeping it simple. I'm hoping we can do something fun like that again this weekend before classes start up and I launch into the new semester.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keisuke is the correct spelling. Glad you had fun! Hope you learned a lot :)