CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2010/03/23

Day 260 - Boyfriend Fight :[

Doyup has, lately, been less than impressive. He has family, friends, old classmates, baseball, badminton, work buddies -- a lot going on. I don't think I'm a particularly needy girlfriend, but if my boyfriend tells me we're going to have a date day, I make sure I'm free at the specified time. Instead, lately, I've been spending hours waiting for DY to get back from last-minute social engagements or errands, and then the date ends up being canceled and I've wasted my day waiting instead of meeting my own friends, traveling, or taking care of errands.

Things finally came to an argument last night. I told him about how I was excited to be seriously weight lifting again. He was upset, however, because the reason I'm seriously weight lifting again is because the new trainer took an interest in me after watching me break a massive, nasty sweat during my 5km run. This prompted him to ask me if I like running (oh helllllls no) and we talked about the differences between Korean and American perceptions of beauty. IN KOREAN! OH YES.

So I told him how I was interested in weight lifting and I did weight lifting in America, but was too shy to do it here in Korea because that is NOT how girls here work out. Girls here walk on a treadmill for 90 minutes at a leisurely pace without breaking a sweat and call it a day. Seeing me DRENCHED in sweat and eyeing the weights must've been hilarious to him.

DY, however, was not amused. He got upset with me, which made the frustration I had boil over, and then my frustrations made him even madder, which triggered my 9-month-homesickness episode. (Foreigners typically experience homesickness every 3rd month of living in a country, i.e. 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, etc)

It was not a good night and I hate sleeping on an argument, but we'll see if he's gotten the message and really will make an effort to manage his time more effectively. Big test will be tomorrow for my birthday, but no worries, I have contingency plans in case he doesn't do so well.

On a happier note: yayyyy, part 1 of 2 completed as far as my workout goals!
(1) Work out hard with the buff dudes
(2) Get down to 59kg (1kg away!)

0 comments: