CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2010/03/14

Day 251 - White Day

White Day occurs one month after Valentine's Day, i.e. March 14th. It's the day when boys give gifts (candy, chocolate, flowers, etc) to their girlfriends because on Valentine's Day here in Korea, the girls give stuff to the boys.

I didn't have high expectations, but I was kind of assuming that DY and I would, you know, go on some kind of date. I guess we did go on a date, if watching him play an amateur baseball game in the freezing cold, rainy weather then going to a chinese restaurant with the entire baseball team could be counted as a date.

I was less than impressed. He was doing so well with the whole random-acts-of-affection thing, little dates and gifts and notes for no reason. (I especially love getting notes because he spends hours writing notes to me in English, so I think it means a lot when I get one from him because I know he must've been thinking about me a lot if he gives me a note.) Maybe I did have high expectations for White Day?

Anyway, I'll be making sure to drop painfully, blatant "hints" about what I'm envisioning for my birthday this upcoming Wednesday. To make things twice as "You'd-Better-Plan-Something-Awesome", my birthday is also our 백일 (100th Day).

He did get me candy, so I guess he gets points for that. And a topiary. White Day is not complete without a topiary.

0 comments: