CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2009/12/22

Day 168 -- Daejeon Double Date and Class Contest Pizza Party

DAEJEON DOUBLE DATE

Sunday (yesterday) I met up with Sarah and her (Korean) boyfriend, YH, in Daejeon. The original plan was to have DH meet me there so we could all go out for dinner and a movie, but he was being whiny about the inclement weather. Note that it snowed MAYBE 1cm. (holla atcha New England--my province wouldn't know WHAT to do with that much snow)

I put Sarah on the phone after a bit and she convinced him to come and join us. It was nice to go on a real, traditional-American-style date, and it was even better to have another couple there. We did get a few curious looks, but I'd like to think that it's just because Sarah and I are foreigners, not because we were being judged as "global couples", as Koreans call interracial couples.

Before the movie, we had some time to kill and DH brought his Polaroid camera. He gave me the photo and told me to hang it by my desk at school. I think you could guess what all my students were obsessed with today.


CLASS CONTEST PIZZA PARTY

Speaking of students! This semester, I held a stamp contest with all my classes. Each class had the opportunity to win stamps based on effort and behavior. Considering my favorite classes were the ones that participated the most enthusiastically but stayed respectful of me and their classmates, it's easy to guess who won...

Yes, you have seen these kids a lot. It's baby-bunny-Taeyang-look-alike's class, filled with the goofballs who stored their numbers as Husband, Soulmate, and Prince in my phone.

Me, "Soulmate", and "Prince" (aka baby-buny-Taeyang). So much love! and sugar cookies. Can we just pause to talk about Prince's hair? It was totally shaved as of a few months ago, but now it's growing back and it is SO FUZZY OMG.


These two kids are in one of my lowest level 1st year classes. They gave me so much trouble at the beginning of the year, but along the way I must've won them over. Now, they stop by in the afternoons (when they're not in detention) to fog up the glass and write love notes on my door. That's what the one boy is doing now--writing in a fogged-up part of the glass.

It's really sad I won't see them again until March... today, after the pizza party, Prince, Soulmate, and Husband were hanging out in the hallway while I blasted music and cleaned up the place. They walked in after a little pushing and shoving.

"Um... Lindsay... today, last class. Finishy. We meet in March. So long! Um... good-bye hug...?"

Awww, OF COURSE I will hug you! C'mere, you guys... d'aww...

0 comments: