CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2009/12/02

Day 149 -- Thanksgiving in Celsius, Pictorial Introductions

THANKSGIVING ...IN CELSIUS

Thanksgiving. Korea doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving (duh) but I kind of really like the holiday, so when I found out my Thursday classes were all just watching movies upstairs (i.e. I had no class), I immediately rushed to the teachers' room to ask for the day off. I went grocery shopping less than an hour later, but later realized I had no idea how to cook Thanksgiving dinner.

Oh man, where to start...
Sae Yeob offers to help after dropping the bomb that some of his friends were coming over, so the dinner list was +3 unexpecteds. Oh, the straight perm.

I somehow managed to pull it off in the end: turkey (albeit deli turkey...), mashed potatoes, corn, and sweet potato casserole with marshmellows. Maybe a little unconventional, but those high school boys did so love the casserole. Mashed potatoes... not so much.
I also had a Thanksgiving in Seoul at the US Ambassador's residence (yeah, my program is pretty awesome). I actually sat right next to her--on the right hand side, no less--so that was cool.
Then we all kept it classy by hitting HongDae, the university club/bar scene in Seoul!


PICTORIAL INTRODUCTIONS
I talk about a lot of people on here but there's no pictures for most of them, so I will try to remedy that in the upcoming weeks.
THE Monday Class. I think I mentioned how they entered their own names into my cell phone, and now I receive texts from "husband", "soulmate", and "prince". If not, well, it happened. I think I've figured out who's who, but I'm not positive, so this is open to change.


Oh yessss, I definitely went creeper-cam here. I felt like everybody needed to meet Short Shorts, who ironically isn't wearing short shorts on this day. He's cute in a blurry, stalker-photo kind of way, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

zomg, short shorts has some ARMS. *drool*

BRB, Korea! said...

um, yes, that is why he is my favorite. Gymnast, a new addition to the club "People Lindsay Creeps on By Using the Window As A Mirror While She Runs On A Treadmill (PLCUWWSRT)" is also a huge distraction as he proceeds to do the most ridiculous ab exercises by just holding his legs straight up 90* to the floor so that his shirt falls away.


Also, will have a funny short story about Cute Trainer when I get home, because blogger.com is blocked here at school.

Yenabelle said...

He is totally cute.