CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2009/12/19

Day 166 -- Short Shorts, Sleeveless Tee, and Other Guy REVEALED!

Yesterday at the gym, I was standing on a treadmill stretching while I tried to untangle my headphones. Sleeveless Tee came up to the machine next to mine and clears his throat to get my attention. I turn, and he's standing there with Short Shorts and Other Guy, forming a sort of half-circle around my treadmill.

"Hello."

I am totally shocked because they have NEVER actually approached me. Other Guy says hello a lot. Sleeveless Tee volunteered advice on my side bends the other day, but I'd never even heard a word from Short Shorts. We talk for a few minutes, then they start falling apart and tell me to go ahead and run.

So I run for maybe 20 minutes, then something moves quickly next me. I lose my stride and fumble a little but it's just Sleeveless Tee. "So, after you work out, do you want to go get some chicken and beer?" The expression on my face must've given it away, because he quickly adds, "With them! All of us. Four people." Okay, that sounds safe and not-date-y enough.

He comes up a few more times during my workout to remind me--11:30pm, outside the gym. Aparently the guys work for the place, that's why they're always there later in the day. They help close the gym down.

So we head over to a bar across the street and hang out for a few hours. It was so weird to finally meet them... you know, as opposed to staring at them in the reflection of a dark window...

Sleeveless Tee is Seong Yoong (I think?). He's a 21 year old hair stylist and was very interested in my "golden hair".

Other Guy is Jun. He's an architecture student at Konyang University and the youngest of the group at 20.

Short Shorts is Hoon. He's a 25 year old Nonsan townie, graduated from Konyang with a degree in economics. Surprisingly, despite looking and acting super masculine while he's working out, he is the biggest goofball of the group.


They told me that I should work out with them, so that's good. I've been wanting to get back into weight training, but I've been too intimidated since that area is ONLY DUDES and I already get enough looks for being foreign. They said they wanted to work out together and then go out after the gym sometimes, so hurray for having more friends in Nonsan!



p.s. -- thank goodness I deleted that creeper-cam shot of Short Shorts from my phone, because they were looking through the pictures on there to see my students, host fam, etc. CLOSE CALL.

0 comments: