CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2009/10/14

Day 100 -- Hurray!

Today marks my 100th day in Korea. I can't believe my grant is 25% completed--there's still so much more I need to see and do before my time runs out. Looking back, I feel like I've done a lot in the last few months, so I hope I'll keep up the momentum and continue to find something to be awed by every day. Even on the days when it seems like all of Korea is out to get me.

In the last 100 days, I:

--Met amazing friends with KEY Club in Chuncheon
--Completed a 6 week, 4-hour-a-day intensive Korean class
--Settled into a teacher-role at the school
--Grown close with a host family that calls me their daughter and sister
--Started behaving less like a "strange foreigner" and more like a "community member"


In the next 100 days, I want to:

--Study Korean more diligently and meet a language partner from Konyang University
--Forge closer bonds with my students by memorizing all their names
--Organize the TOEFL class so the kids learn more
--Continue making gains (and losses) in the gym
--Start volunteering at the orphanages



Speaking of seeing and doing things, this past weekend was a whirlwind of friendly faces and historical places. It was fantastic to see all my ETA friends again and I managed to knock off 4 of the things on my To Do List that I created before leaving for Korea. Feels good, man.

I'll make a whole post about it very soon, but for now I'm exhausted and just wanted to make a momento that it's the 100th day!