CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2009/07/06

Day Two - Placement, Quarantine, & EMart

Today was the big placement test and I was a little worried. When I found out that breakfast was basically a whole fish about the size of my hand, Cait and I went down to Dunkin Donuts for something a little more familiar. Due to iced coffee and bagels, we were late for check-in (oops...)

Placement took me a little longer than most of the group because the intermediate/advanced placement required an interview. I'm not really great at listening (in Korean, that is), so I stumbled a little with the interview questions. In any case, I'm in the intermediate class; I must not've done that poorly.

After the interviews, the small group still left in the testing room was rounded up and an announcement was made: we were quarantined!

It was really rather unnecessary. One of the ETAs felt ill, so he went to the hospital where it was found he had a fever. Korea's a bit paranoid about swine flu at the moment, so KNU wanted all the ETAs to be placed under quarantine. No big deal, it just means we can't roam around campus and our meal times were changed so that we weren't mixing with the KNU students. He seems to be fine now so they should lift quarantine tomorrow.

A little later in the day, we were placed into 4 person groups to go to Emart via taxi! This was really fun because it felt so rewarding to give the taxi driver the destination and then actually where we wanted to go. We picked up personal items and some snacks for the Key Club mixer, which was moved to Friday due to the quarantine.

Tomorrow is the first day of class and we'll be meeting with the executive director of F*bright, so I have very important things to do. I.e. prepping an outfit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meep! Quarantine! x.x;;; Lol. Cute picture Lindsay. Gawd I'm so jealous.

Kurry said...

hahaha, way to go for bringing the swine flu!