CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2009/07/13

Day 8 - TKD Open, Korean Class, and Calligraphy

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, but don't worry, it's just because nothing really fun has happened.

Saturday (Day 6) was filled with a mandatory lecture and some homework, followed by a brief outing in the pouring rain to find a bar/noraebang. Apparently, every other youth in a three mile radius had the same plan because all the bars and noraebangs were filled. We finally found one where we could have some beer and soju so we did just that while practicing our Asian poses.



Sunday (Day 7) I went out to the international Tae Kwon Do competition happening here in Chuncheon. As far as hot, ripped guys kicking each other goes, it was a good time and fun to watch. Additionally, the little kids were ADORABLE in their tiny uniforms, screaming in their high-pitched voices. D'aww~! Note the slogan in the background of the picture--"I Love Taekwondo. Let's Go to Chuncheon!" Inspiring.



The rest of Sunday was rainy and had to be spent studying for the big Korean test that I had today. Ashley--one of the other girls in Intermediate Korean--and I went out to I Think So, a quiet little cafe that serves some fantastic iced coffee. For a good few hours, we sat up there on the second floor, cramming vocab and grammar. We also had our first lesson plan due, so between studying, homework, and F*bright cultural adjustment check essays, there was a lot to finish.


Today, Day 8, I had that test. I knew it was going to go well because, although I slept through breakfast, lunch today was AMAZING. Fried pork with fruit sauce, ramen-and-hot-dog soup, watermelon, kimchi-style potatoes... okay, now that I write it down, I realize it doesn't sound amazing, but realize that yesterday they served baby octopus, and maybe that puts it in perspective. But anyway, lunch was fantastic, so I knew I JUST KNEW that the quiz would go well. And it did. I think. Probably.


Later I'm heading out to my first calligraphy class, which is bittersweet for a few reasons. One, I didn't realize that calligraphy is right during Key Club, so I'm going to break my promise to the boys from Day 5 that I would go to every meeting. Two, my friend Eric from Canada (shout out to my 오빠!) revealed that I would have to keep my arm parallel to the floor whenever I write with the brush. I didn't know I was signing up for an upper body work out so we'll see how it goes. If dinner is as fantastic as lunch was, then I'll assume calligraphy will go well and I won't pull a waygookin (foreigner) move and spill ink all over myself or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lunch sounds slightly odd, but I have no doubt it tasted good :) I hope you had fun in calligraphy. Sucks you had to break your promise :(

eric said...

오빠라... 참 듣기 좋으면서도
거시기허네 ㅋㅋㅋ

translate it if u can ha ha ha

esp. "거시기"

화이팅!!

BRB, Korea! said...

아마... 그 단어 나빠요...