CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2010/04/01

Day 269 -- New Homestay

Despite being ridiculously sick, my co-teacher came by yesterday to help me move my things to the new homestay. I'm living with another TOEFL class student, Hyeon Soo. His mom's a housewife, I don't know what his dad does, he's got twin 6th grade brothers and two cats. Hurray kitties! My room is a bit smaller than my last one and there's no closet, so I'm kind of concerned where I'll be able to put all my stuff. The apartment is in a good part of Nonsan -- there's a lot of restaurants, banks, and a few bakeries, one of which has a little cafe where I can study. There's also a gym nearby that I'll check out, although DY says it's smaller and older than the gym I used to go to. He adds that he's good friends with the trainer there, though, so maybe he won't get so peeved now when I ask for weight lifting help.

I have no pictures of the new homestay yet because I am once again writing behind a proxy, but maybe after the Jeju conference I'll put some up.

Speaking of Jeju conference, I just want to vent about how frustrated I am about this. I told my co-teacher FAR before the school year even started that I needed tickets to Jeju. She didn't get them early enough (she waited about a month, actually) so now I'm forced to fly out of Incheon. I live like 5 hours by public transportation from Incheon. And I'm leaving wicked early in the morning, so these two factors combined means I have to leave today, find a cheap hotel, and spend the night alone in Incheon so I can catch a flight early tomorrow morning because my co-teacher procrastinated getting tickets.

FRUSTRATION

0 comments: