CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2010/09/01

Day 423 - Doors to Diplomacy Project and Jolie

This grant year, my big goal is "Legacy". Namely, I want to leave some kind of impression on Korea. To do so, I'm undertaking some projects in my town and my school.


In town, I'm trying to force my way into volunteer opportunities and open up a Korean-English language exchange group at the local university. I say "force" because a lot of the orphanages and disabled homes around here are really wary of a foreigner offering to help. Many foreigners here offering help are actually missionaries, whose help comes with evangelizing strings.

I've also just this week started a big project at the school with my TOEFL class, the US Department of State's "Doors to Diplomacy" project. It involves teams of 2-4 students making a website in English. I figured since this is an Internet high school where the students take classes in web design, construction, and English, it would be a good combo.

THEY FREAKED OUT ON ME.

However, I found out today that a few students consulted the webpage construction teacher at school about some tips. So I guess it might all work out!



Then there's Jolie. When I went home to America, DY was lonely and decided to get a toy poodle. He named it Jolie, since he had just seen the movie "Salt" starring Angelina Jolie. He's thinking now that having a yappy dog that poops everywhere is not so fun and he's put her up for sale on his Army base's intranet. womp womp

0 comments: