CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2009/05/23

Brief Statement of Purpose

Just to clear up some questions, here is what will be going down in the ROK. After a 6 week orientation, I will be :

1. Teaching English to Korean middle/high school students
2. Living with a host family
3. Reconnecting with my Korean years
4. Acting as a "cultural ambassador"


Points one and two are pretty clear, although I'm nervous about them. Point three just involves traveling around the country and reconnecting with all the places with which I have a history: the places I lived and visited as a child, the bases where my father worked, the grounds where my grandfather fought in the war).

It's point four where things get vague for me. I've decided that, being a "cultural ambassador", I should do some form of community service. With that in mind, I've started looking into orphanage volunteer work at because a lot of people I know have adopted Korean children. ...Also, if you know me at all, you know I love small children. Especially Asian ones. What? I'm not racist, they just tend to be the cutest. Minus mixed babies. ohhh mixed babies are cute.

If you have any other ideas of how I can make America look good, let me know because my ideas end with "Asian babies asian babies asian babies".

0 comments: