CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2010/11/10

Day 493 - Things Are Not Too Bad

This week is pretty normal for me.


I wake up at 6:45am, get ready for school and go out to meet my carpool. I teach a short class of TOEFL students how to do research for a project, then do 4 regular classes spread throughout the day. When I'm not teaching, I'm planning and prepping the remaining lessons for the semester, chatting with students, or watching downloaded TV shows.

Around 4 or 5 o'clock I head to Daejeon, either by bus or with my co-teacher. I hang out around Chungdae for an hour or two, studying in coffee shops or having dinner with friends. Then it's off to class for two hours. Class finishes up at 9 o'clock and I ride the bus for an hour to the train station, then hop on a train home. By the time I get back and ready for bed, it's around midnight. Sleep for six or seven hours, then repeat.


Despite being normal in routine, Monday made it a great week already. DY had some time off from dinner meetings and night duty so we had dinner together (dokkbokki, from our favorite street food ajjuma, of course). I picked up my dry cleaning and my now-hemmed jeans (damn short legs), we called up my landlady about my bathroom, DY set my thermostat to turn on an hour before I wake up so that the floors are nice and toasty.

Hurray!

3 comments:

Kurry said...

the thermostat for the floor is so sweet~ we do that for our apt too, well, not the floor since there's no such thing in the states.

BRB, Korea! said...

I know, and IT'S A SHAME!! the floors get you warmer so much faster! I learned about this in thermodynamics... something about conduction (two things touching) being more efficient than convection (heating the air) in terms of heating a house.

I didn't know you could set a thermostat like that though!! I never really lived BY MYSELF before since the apartments on campus had the thermostats controlled centrally at the office, just like the dorms.

Kurry said...

o, i so remember the heater in the dorms... which makes weird noises from time to time n u thot a rat was dying in there somewhere.

ya, i wuld totally hug a heater if that's possible.