CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2010/06/24

Day 354 - Apartment Arrangements Made

I am *so*, *so* relieved to write that all the arrangements are made for my apartment next year. Most of the foreigners here in Nonsan live in tiny one-room apartments (the standard set-up since we don't get a big stipend for monthly rent). Also, those apartments are a good 25-30 minute walk from the bus stop I get off at, so it would've been a huge pain or a huge taxi bill to get myself home every day.

However, I got lucky and one of the kyopos (i.e. speaks Korean fluently, so was able to strike a deal) had set the standard at a different apartment building. This place is only a 10-ish minute walk from the bus stop, is in a great part of town with plenty of restaurants and convenience stores, and I'll be able to live in a two-room apartment (not two bedroom, but a kitchen room and a bedroom) without going over the monthly rent stipend (400,000W). Assah!

Some numbers on my mind lately:
22 days >> until I move out of the homestay
23 days >> until I go to America
28 hours >> of class
12 days >> of school

0 comments: